Creative Writing Recipe:
It was like any other day when you were plugged in to your favourite game. Outside, the rain was coming down in sheets and claps of thunder punctuated the sound effects from your game.
All of a sudden, a flash of lightning tore across the sky and the room went black. At the same moment, you felt yourself being pulled by a force forward and there was no stopping it. “Ahhhh!” you screamed as you felt yourself travelling at the speed of light through a tunnel of blur.
As suddenly as it began, it stopped. You blinked as you looked around and you realised. You are no longer playing the game. You are in the game.
The good news is you are not alone.
In order to exit the game, you need to acquire several creative writing skills and your game master aims to:
- teach you to describe a setting vividly using your five senses
- introduce two ways of building up towards the climax of a story via characters and insertion of clues
- provide you with a framework (AIM) to create compelling characters
- aid you in adding details to the climax of a story
- show the transference and application of techniques in composition writing
Here’s what parents have been sharing about us!
Creative Writing Workshop Details
Camp fees: $300 (excluding GST)
Duration: 2 days X 3 hours 15mins a day (inclusive of a 15min break)
Level: Primary 3 & Primary 4 (2023)
Workshop class size: 6 students
Register your interest for our October Holiday Workshops now!
Is your child facing any of the following while attempting the creative writing component?
- Have trouble describing a scene
- Being unable to show how a character feels
- Unable to use transitions
- Needs to work on sequencing events in a logical and clear manner
- Have difficulty elaborating on the climax of a story