Registration Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words and phrases shall bear the following meanings, unless the context requires otherwise:
“Academic Year” means an academic year at Lil’ but Mighty, which runs from 6th of November 2019 to 3rd of November 2020;
Lil’ but Mighty Education Centre Pte. Ltd. (the “Company”) means the legal entity which runs English Primary Tuition and Educational blog;
“Student” means children under the age of 12 and in Primary School. All Student(s) will require parental consent;
“Billing Cycle” means course fee(s) billed once every month (maybe 4 or 5 lessons);
“Online School” means the integrated online platform with the Registered Course(s)
“Calendar Month” means a full month commencing on the 1st day of a calendar month and ending on the last day of that calendar month;
Conditions of Registration
2. The enrolment / continue enrolment of the Student in the course(s) indicated on the Registration / Renewal Form (the “Registered Course(s)”) shall be conditional upon, inter alia:
the Company will contact the Student to determine his/her suitability for the Registered Course(s);
payment of a deposit equivalent to 4 weeks of course fees for the Registered Course(s) (the “Deposit”), upon the registration / renewal of the Student’s enrolment in the Registered Course(s). For the avoidance of doubt, and subject to these General Terms, the Deposit shall be used to pay for any outstanding amounts owed to the Company, which shall include but is not limited to the course fees for the final 4 weeks of the Registered Course(s);
purchase of prescribed books for the Registered Course(s) (if applicable); and
advance payment of the course fee(s) of all Registered Course(s) before the first day of Billing Cycle.
3. In the event that course fee(s) due for any Billing Cycle remain(s) unpaid by the third week of that Billing Cycle, the Company shall disallow the Student from attending any class(es) in the Registered Course(s).
4. Notwithstanding anything in these General Terms, the Student is not entitled to receive any materials for any classes which he or she has not paid for. In the event that the Student is registered for any of the Registered Course(s) after an Academic Year has begun, the Student shall be entitled to receive worksheets only from the date on which he or she begins attending the Registered Course(s).
5. Classes will not be held on the eve of Chinese New Year and any other public holidays which may be gazetted by the Government of Singapore from time to time. No make-up classes will be scheduled, and no refund of course fees will be given in lieu of any classes which would otherwise have been held on the aforementioned days.
6. The Company shall not be obliged to refund any part of the course fees in the event that the Student fails to attend any class in the Registered Course(s) for any reason whatsoever. Subject to these General Terms, and in the event that the Student does not turn up for classes and the fees for that Billing Cycle remain unpaid, the Deposit shall be used to settle the unpaid fees.
7. In the event that the Student fails to attend a class in any of our courses, the Company may at its sole discretion, allow the Student to make-up the missed lesson by attending another ongoing class during the same academic week (i.e. from Wednesday to Tuesday), provided that:
there is more than 1 class;
there is a vacancy in the class that the Student intends to attend as the make-up class;
the Student or Parent submits either of the following original documents:
medical certificate; or
letter from the school, which states that the Student has compulsory school activities, the timing of which clashes with the Student’s classes at the Company;
8. In the event that it is not possible to arrange a make-up class due to no vacancy in other classes, the course fees for the relevant Registered Course shall not be refunded or pro-rated, even if the Student has valid reason(s) for missing the class.
Reimbursement of Registered Course Fee(s)
9. Classes will not be held on the eve of Chinese New Year and any other public holidays which may be gazetted by the Government of Singapore from time to time. No makeup classes will be scheduled, and the class fees will be reimbursed in the subsequent billing cycle.
In the event that the public holiday falls in the final cycle that a child is attending (i.e. in the case that a child is not continuing his/her class and will not have another billing cycle after), the fees for the public holiday will not be reimbursed.
Withdrawals & Refunds
10. A written Notice of Withdrawal must be given by the end of the 4th lesson in the last paid billing cycle for any of the Registered Course(s). The Student will need to complete the lessons in the last paid billing cycle and the deposit will be used to offset an additional 4 lessons after the cycle ends. The Company shall not be obliged to refund any part of the Deposit.
11. In the event that a Parent decides to withdraw the Student (regardless of reasons) before the Registered Course(s) commence(s), the Deposit will be forfeited. The written notice in Clause 10 will not be applicable in this instance.
12. Unless otherwise stated, all monies paid are non-refundable and non-transferrable to another student, regardless of whether the Registered Course(s) has / have commenced.
13. The enrolment in the Online School will be for the duration that the student is enrolled in the Registered Course(s).
Intellectual Property & Media Rights
14. Unless stated otherwise, the Company owns the intellectual property and / or licensing rights subsisting in all worksheets and other study materials distributed or used during the Registered Course(s), and both the Parent and Student are prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, performing or transmitting in any form or by any means whatsoever (including mechanical, electronic, recording, photocopying or otherwise) the abovementioned worksheets and other study materials without the Company’s prior written permission.
15. The Company may copy, reproduce, display, distribute and use any photographs or videos taken of the Student during the Registered Course(s), as well as any intellectual property produced by the Student as part of the Registered Course(s).
16. The Student hereby agrees to grant to the Company a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such works of the Student created in the course of or in preparation for Registered Courses(s) (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
17. The Company may publish the Student’s academic achievements in any form or media at any time, even after the Student has withdrawn from the Course(s).
18. The Company reserves the right to, and shall in its sole discretion, (a) transfer, combine or dissolve a class, and / or (b) terminate the Student’s place in any of the Registered Course(s).
19. While the Company will take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the student, the Company assumes no liability for personal injury, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever which might be sustained by the student in undertaking any activity or anything during the Registered Course(s), whether under the discretion of the Company or otherwise, and generally for any such injury, loss or damage howsoever caused except by the wilful default of the Company.
20. The Parent hereby releases the Company from all liability for such injury, loss or damage of any other kind whatsoever which might be sustained by the Student in undertaking any activity during the Registered Course(s) or / and in the premise, whether under the direction of the Company or otherwise, and generally for any such injury, loss or damage howsoever caused except by the wilful default of the Company.
21. The Company shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, tempest or other event beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
22. The Registration / Renewal Form and these general Terms contain the whole agreement between the Parent, Student and the Company and supersedes any prior written or oral agreement between them relating to the Student’s enrolment in the Registered Course(s) and the parties confirm that they have not entered into this agreement on the basis of any representations that are not expressly incorporated in the Registration / Renewal Form and these general Terms.
23. The Parent consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his / her personal data as well as the personal data of the Student in accordance with the purposes specified in the Personal Data Protection Policy.