“Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous when the margin of error is small.” – Donald Rumsfeld
Formal examinations test not only your academic knowledge and skills, but also your ability to be accurate under conditions of stress. Hence, for those who are going to take the English PSLE in a few days’ time, ensuring that your answers are unambiguous and precise is of utmost importance!
This is particularly true for open-ended answers such as comprehension open-ended (COE) and comprehension cloze. These two components require you to understand a given text and to answer questions in such a way that is accurate in terms of content and grammar.
At this late stage, it might be pretty hard for you to pick up new strategies for the English paper. However, in my video today, I will be sharing 4 easy-to-remember tips that can be applied immediately. Hopefully, these tips will help you to be clearer and more accurate when you are filling in your answers for COE and comprehension cloze!
Watch the video now to see what the tips are! All the best for your studies!
This course will be helpful if your child:
1. wants to identify essential question types for synthesis and comprehension
2. likes systematic learning of the different steps to answer different questions
3. needs help in seeing the relationships in table-form comprehension questions to score
4. would like to be equipped with techniques to better understand a reading passage
5. wants to stop losing marks for careless errors
Practice makes perfect. Join us and pick up the techniques for these two components to make your practice count now!